Town Hall Meeting on Budget Concerns for 2010 - 2011 School Year
- Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:00 - 9:00 pm
- West Chicago Middle School Library Learning Center 238 E. Hazel Street, W. Chicago
- Use northwest parking lot and follow the signs.
- A short presentation will be followed by a question and answer session.
- Babysitting will be provided.
District 33 has had 6 years of balanced budgets and financial stability due to the support of the community with a successful referendum in 2003, and sound financial management on the part of the Board of Education and administration. However, the State of Illinois has not met its payment obligations to District 33 this year. As a result, the Board of Education will need to make staff and program reductions for next school year.
Attend the Town Hall meeting to learn about the process and timeline the Board of Education will use to determine budget reductions, and the implications for next school year.
Unable to attend the presentation? The Town Hall meeting will be taped and broadcasted on the District's website (www.wegoed33.k12.il.us) and on CableCom Channel 17 beginning March 8.
This meeting will be offered in Spanish on Tuesday, February 23 from 7:00 - 9:00 pm at the same location.
- Becky Koltz
- Director of Community Relations
- West Chicago Elementary School District 33
- (630) 293-6000 ext. 201
The author does not allow comments to this entry